Choose your own Adventure Fall version: Cannon Beach and Seaside
What would you do if you had 2 nights and a full day in Cannon Beach or Seaside this Fall? Here is the 2nd part of a series of mini itineraries set up in a ‘Choose your Own Adventure’ format. Simply choose one or more option from each category.
On your way to Cannon Beach or Seaside:
A. Travel via ( ) and EAT at __________
- (Portland) heading West on HWY 26 stop in Gales Creek at: Coleman’s Shady Rest
- (Tillamook) heading North on Hwy 101 stop in Rockaway at: Sand Dollar Restaurant
- (Astoria or Washington) heading South on Hwy 101 in Astoria: Frite & Scoop (okay, not a full menu here, but delicious frites (Belgian style fries) and ice cream).
- Already in (Seaside) for meal time: Norma’s Seafood and Steak
- Already in (Cannon Beach) for meal time: Driftwood Restaurant and Lounge
B. Travel via ( ) and EXPLORE__________
- (Portland) heading West on HWY 26 stop at: Camp 18 Restaurant – walk around and see the Loggers Memorial, walk on the short trail behind the restaurant beside the creek, grab a huge cinnamon roll to go, check out the large logs and railroad cars.
- (Tillamook) heading North on Hwy 101: Cape Meares Lighthouse. See the lighthouse, walk to the Big Spruce, (Oregon’s largest Sitka Spruce) and view birds and possibly whales offshore.
- (Astoria or Washington) heading South on Hwy 101: Learn about the Columbia River Bar, one of the most dangerous passages in the world at the Columbia River Maritime Museum.
Stay overnight in Cannon Beach, OR at Inn at Haystack Rock or the Blue Gull Inn
or Seaside, OR at the Gilbert Inn (B & B one block back from the beach), Inn at the Prom (on the beach). Make your own Memories.
C. It’s a Sunny day and you want to stay in the area (choose one or more)
- Go Birding. Here are some locations you can go.
- Golf. Here are some ideas of where to go
- Walk the Prom in Seaside
- Rent a bike or surrey for 1 or up to 11 people from Wheel Fun Rentals
- Hike (Neakahnie, Ecola State Park (featured photo), Fort Stevens, Fort Clatsop) More info here
D. It’s a rainy day and you want to stay indoors
- Visit art galleries in Cannon Beach
- Visit Cannon Beach Treasure Company to see what treasure has been uncovered from shipwrecks
- See Blithe Spirit at the Coaster Theater in Cannon Beach
- Visit the Seaside Aquarium and feed the seals
- Go to the Funland Arcade in Seaside
- Take a cooking class at EVOO in Cannon Beach